The M5660 Special Utility tractor is specifically designed for the farmer with 10-75 acres that requires a high performing tractor at an excellent value. The M5660SU redefines value by providing deluxe features such as hydraulic shuttle, standard rear remote valve and telescopic 3-point link ends.
- Type (Make: KUBOTA): 4 cylinder in-line, Common Rail Sytem, direct injection
- Rated Engine HP (97/68/EC) HP (kW): 57.9 (43.2) @2600 rpm
- Engine net power (SAE J1349) HP (kW): 56 (41.8) @2600 rpm
- PTO power (at rated engine RPM) HP (kW): 50 (37.3)
- No. of cylinders/Aspiration: 4 / Turbocharged
- Total displacement cu. in. (cc): 148.5 (2434)
- Fuel tank capacity US gal. (L): 17.7 (67)
- Air cleaner: Dry, dual element
- Alternator Amp: 45
- No. of speeds: 8F/8R
- Main gear shift (4 speeds): Fully synchronized
- Shuttle: Hydraulic shuttle
- Main clutch: Multiple wet disk
- Brake: Mechanical wet disc
- Differential lock: Rear standard (mechanical)
- PTO type: Live-independent, hydraulic PTO with PTO brake, multi-plate wet clutch
- Speed: @540 rpm (540/540E opt)
- Pump capacity (main) gpm (L/min): 10.6 (40.2)
- 3-point hitch: Category I & II
- Control system: Position
- Lift capacity at 24 in. behind lift point lbs. (kg): 3307 (1500)
- No. of remote valves: 1 (2nd, 3rd & flow control valve optional)
- Tires Standard 2WD Front/Rear: 6.5-16 / 14.9-28
- Tires Standard 4WD Front/Rear: 8.3-24 / 14.9-28
Traveling Speeds (w/std. Ag tires)
- First: 1.6 (2.6) / 1.6 (2.6)
- Second: 2.2 (3.6) / 2.3 (3.7)
- Third: 3.1 (5.1) / 3.2 (5.2)
- Fourth: 4.8 (7.7) / 4.9 (7.8)
- Fifth: 6.1 ( 9.7) / 6.2 ( 9.9)
- Sixth: 8.5 (13.7) / 8.7 (14.0)
- Seventh: 12.0 (19.2) / 12.2 (19.6)
- Eighth: 18.2 (29.3) / 18.6 (29.9)
- 4WD drive system (4WD model): Bevel gear type with 55 degree turning angle
- Steering: Hydrostatic power steering
- Hood type / Pedal type: Full open, slanted, steel / Hanging
- Deck type: Semi-flat
Dimensions & Weight
- Overall length in. (mm): 138.7 (3525)
- Overall height (w/Foldable ROPS) in. (mm): 73.2 (1860)
- Overall width (Minimum) in. (mm): 95.3 (2420)
- Wheelbase in. (mm): 82 (2085)
- Min. ground clearance in. (mm): 16.3 (415)
- Tread width Front in. (mm): 55.9, 71.7 (1420, 1820)
- Tread width Rear in. (mm): 52.0, 67.7 (1320, 1720)
- Turning radius (w/o brake) ft. (m): 10.8 (3.6)
- Weight (with ROPS) lbs. (kg): 4189 (1900)
- Tight Turning Radius: The M5660SU has the time tested Kubota bevel gear front axle. The bevel gear axle allows for low maintenance, exceptional turning radius and better ground clearance when compared to traditional u-joint front axles.
- Operator Comfort: Spacious and comfortable operator station with ergonomic controls; High-back, adjustable suspension seat with retractable seat belt; New dash panel with LCD display – Easy-to-read gauges and indicators include a fuel consumption meter, parking indicator, ECU and fault code indicators; High capacity fuel tank (17.7 gallons) to keep you working longer between fill-ups.
- Powerful and Clean Running Engine: The M5660SU takes tractor performance to the next level in power, even as it reduces emissions. The powerful 56 HP engine features Electronic Common Rail direct fuel injection for better fuel economy. For cleaner emissions, the Common Rail System (CRS) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) work together to ensure compliance with the latest EPA Tier 4 final emission regulations.
- Live-Independent Hydraulic PTO: The M5660SU offers smooth and self-modulating hydraulic independent PTO, allowing the operation of the PTO to work independently of the tractor’s speed or direction. The PTO brake will smoothly slow down the implement to a safe stop. The shaft can be rotated 60 degrees for easy hook-up, even while the engine is off. If you're looking for an economical alternative, M5660SU models offer an optional economy PTO. This system can save you money, as well as reduce operating noise by allowing the PTO to run at 540 rpm when the engine is at 1828 rpm instead of 2295 rpm in standard mode.
- Telescopic 3-Point Hitch and Stabilizers: Attaching rear 3-point hitch implements can be cumbersome on an economy tractor, but not with the M5660SU thanks to the telescopic lower link ends and stabilizers. The hitch provides ample lifting power – up to 3307 lbs. at 24 inches behind the lift point for those heavy duty implements.
- Constant RPM Management: The M5660SU is equipped with a constant rpm management system that maintains a constant rpm regardless of the terrain or load. When traveling across hilly terrain or with varying loads, simply turn the Constant RPM Management switch to "On” and the M5660SU will maintain a constant travel speed as well as a constant PTO rpm when using PTO-driven implements. Constant rpm management improves work accuracy without the need to constantly adjust the engine throttle to maintain travel speed and PTO shaft rpm.
- Hydraulic Remote Valve: When the task calls for hydraulics on the rear of the tractor, a Self-Canceling Detent remote valve comes standard on the M5660SU, adding more productivity, versatility and value to this standard economy tractor.
The company reserves the right to change the above specifications without notice. This brochure is for descriptive purposes only. Please contact your local Kubota dealer for warranty information. For your safety, Kubota strongly recommends the use of a Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) and seat belt in almost all applications. For complete operational information, the operator’s manual should be consulted.